Volunteers are the heart and backbone of ACTS. We are able to provide assistance to those in need only through the dedication and commitment of our volunteers!
- Receptionist – greets clients; prepares files for interview assessment; files
- Interviewer – assesses client needs; prepares forms to fill clients’ needs; records evaluation
- Food Pantry – stocks food shelves; files food orders
- Clothing – sorts and shelves/hangs clothing; assists clients with clothing orders
- Housewares/Linens – sorts and stores housewares/linens (kitchenware; bedding/towels/drapery); fills clients’ housewares/linen orders
- Resale Store – assists in marketing/displaying items for sale in the Resale Store; receives and sorts donations
- Clerical – assists with routine clerical duties
- Data Entry – enter client visit information into ACTS database
- Senior Food Program – assists with stocking food, assembling packages of food for distribution and delivering food to the clients (either at ACTS or possibly home delivery)
- Furniture Pick Up – (at your convenience) picks up furniture donations and brings to ACTS
- General Maintenance – Vacuums and dusts offices and work spaces; general repairs and painting, as needed
- Adult and/or Youth Volunteers – Assists with special projects; e.g., Senior Food, special cleaning days, etc.