ACTS (Area Churches Together Serving) Car Program provides vehicles for employed individuals who are struggling financially and need reliable transportation. Due to the widespread geography of Aiken and the lack of public transportation, vehicles are a critical need for those who receive employment but have no way of getting to work.
ACTS is in need of reliable vehicles that would otherwise be traded-in to the dealer or sold to a third party. Donating a vehicle to this ministry will not only be spiritually rewarding, but will be less stressful and may even be financially attractive compared with other available options.
ACTS will in turn donate the cars/trucks to prequalified individuals who are screened according to the following criteria:
- Must be employed for a minimum of three months and work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Demonstrate the ability to pay current expenses plus the additional expenses of owning a vehicle
- Pay $25/month to the ACTS vehicle maintenance program
- Have proof of insurance coverage.
- Attend financial counseling program at Security Federal Bank (SFB). Must have initial session with counselor prior to receipt of vehicle and grant ACTS permission to discuss information with SFB.
- Immediately inform ACTS of any change in employment status.
- Understand there is a 24-month lien on the vehicle and that it cannot be sold/traded without ACTS approval.
- Many people in our area are within one paycheck or less of financial trouble. Many need food, clothing, utility assistance, medical assistance, home furnishings, or additional assistance such as reliable transportation. Reaching out in Christ’s name to those among us who need a helping hand is part of ACTS’
- If you have a vehicle to donate, are interested in learning more about the donation process or think you may have a passion for serving people through this ministry, please contact ACTS at 803-649-3800.
Everyone needs a way to get around, but not everyone has the means to afford transportation. ACTS has a program that should help alleviate some of that struggle.
If you are an adult, employed, looking for employment, or in school, but can’t afford transportation, why not apply to ACTS for a bicycle.
The purpose of the ACTS Bicycle Program is to provide bicycles to qualified adult clients who need transportation for education, job search or employment.
How the Program Works
Call in for an appointment with ACTS.
Attend Bicycle Safety Training.