Replace with the following:
Volunteers are the heart and backbone of ACTS. We are able to provide assistance to those in need only through the dedication and commitment of our volunteers! Volunteer opportunities are listed below:
- Receptionist – Greets clients; prepares files for interview assessment; files
- Interviewer – Assesses client needs; prepares forms to fill clients’ needs; records evaluation; fills clients' housewares/linen orders
- Food Pantry – Stocks food shelves; fills food orders
- Food Pick-up – Picks-up food at Golden Harvest in Aiken on Monday and Wednesday mornings; help with the pick-up of food from local grocery stores.
- Food Distributions – Helps deliver and stock food for monthly food distributions in outlying areas.
- Senior Food Program – Assists with stocking food, assembling packages of food for distribution.
- Senior Food Program Home Delivery – Helps deliver to seniors who are homebound and/or unable to get to the Senior Food distributions in Aiken and Graniteville
- Clothing – Sorts and shelves/hangs clothing; assists clients with clothing orders
- Housewares/Linens – Sorts and stores housewares/linens (kitchenware; bedding, towels)
- Resale Store – Assists in marketing/displaying items for sale in the Resale Store; receives and sorts donations
- Clerical – Assists with routine clerical duties
- Data Entry – Enters client visit information or volunteer hours information into ACTS database
- Furniture Pick Up – (at your convenience) Picks up furniture donations and brings to ACTS
- General Maintenance – Vacuums and dusts offices and work spaces; general repairs and painting, as needed
- Adult and/or Youth Volunteers – Assists with special projects; e.g., Senior Food, special cleaning days, etc.
Volunteers are needed at our Aiken location (340 Park Avenue, SW) and at our Graniteville location (50 Canal Street).
Call 803-649-3800 or fill out the form below to learn more.